Wednesday, October 3, 2012

She's Off To The MTC!!

Our daughter Kathryn (center) went into the MTC today. She will be serving in the Guatemala City North Mission. After three weeks in the MTC in Provo, she will travel to Guatemala where she will complete her MTC training. 
Here she is by the MTC with her drop off party--My dad, Michelle, Kristen (both daughters) and Kristen's husband Peter. In front, under the blanket are Kristen's twin boys. 
We so much appreciate you all giving her a nice send off!!
We are so excited for her. After serving a mission myself, I know this will be an experience that will bless her life forever. 

And mostly I can't wait to start getting her letters!! 

5 comments:

LeAnn said...

I think that is so awesome that your daughter is going on a mission. We had all three sons serve missions and one of our three daughters. Our daughter served in Venezuela. She loved it and it does bless their lives. I guess now missionaries email home. However, I think most missionaries love a hand written letter once in a while.
Blessings to you!

Terri said...

Oh wow, I finally caught up on your blog! Great pictures! Good luck to Kathryn! So true about what 5 years brings, happy late anniversary! You guys are awesome missionary mom & Pres.

Terri said...

Oh wow, I finally caught up on your blog! Great pictures! Good luck to Kathryn! So true about what 5 years brings, happy late anniversary! You guys are awesome missionary mom & Pres.

LeAnn said...

I think that is so awesome that she is going on a mission. My daughter served in Venezuela. She loved the opportunity. I think the letters bring such joy to a mother and father's heart.
I am sure you are enjoying your missionary moments and now you can share in her's too.

Richard said...

One of our daughters just received her mission call (about an hour ago) to the Guatemala City North Mission; she reports to the Guatemala MTC on July 10, 2013. She is 19 years old; she has been planning on a mission for almost two years!